Monday, March 1, 2010

suburban beverage

Breakfast is the best thing in the world to me. And so I treated myself to a breakfast binge throughout February.

I took Alex to Las Chicas (Carlisle Street, Balaclava) for his birthday that was six months ago. I had the strawberry and banana pancakes with pistachio ricotta and maple syrup and Alex had pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. Consistently good. A.



Iv and I went to our regular breakfast spot at La Camera (South Yarra). They have these really good half price breakfast specials from Monday - Thursday, 7am - 11am (I think). That week I had avocado, bacon and mozzarella on ciabatta toast and Iv had bircher muesli. B.

Sarah took me out to Small Block (Lygon Street, Brunswick). The service and coffee was a little sketchy (although they were all very nice) but the food completely made up for it. I ended up getting the banana french toast with organic yoghurt and maple syrup (so, so good) and Sarah had the ricotta pancakes. The portions were so insane I only managed to eat less than half (which was apparently a good effort, so claimed the waiter). A+.


James came down from Queensland for a day or two and so I got a group of us together to have breakfast at Hektor Woodleys (suggested by Ali). I had something like three coffees and a bagel with roma tomatoes, avocado, cracked pepper and perhaps something else I can't recall and didn't photograph, but it was nice. I kinda fell in love with the charming little place too, it was that good. A.




Good breakfast binge was good.

3 comments: